2.1K views

town fare advertised free front end alignment with purchase of 4 tires!but after putting the tire on they explained that alignment is 4 a 59 rear wheel drive!my car required a 4 wheel alignment costing $49!!!After i left i realized that is false advertising!!!Also they never ever roadtested the car to know if thier were any problems to correct nor after to see it was done correctly!!I also realized they took only 45 minutes to do both the tires+alignment while an honest alignment alone takes 45m to 1hr to do!!!I fell i got screwed without the lube on 4 chinese overpriced for the crapp they are!!I doubt if they will last 20'00miles while costing me$25 per month as they are smaller in diameter than they are surpost to be even thought they are marked the same size!! I call them the house of deception so beware of false promises of free!!!!

Review about: Town Fair Tire Tires.

Had an Experience with Town Fair Tire?

Comments

Will someone please delete this morons complaint he is a complete DUMBELL

Go get your 2wheel alingment at ryder tire with your new recap tires

Also u drive down the road.On all four tires not just two.

U need to align the two front tires to something.

I never heard of a half of an alignment they align the two front tires with the back so the truck or car tracks straight.49 bux ischeap for alignment sears is 89 bux so next timeuget 4 new tires dont bother getting alingment and in 6 months when the tires are all worn out uneven and the treads are cupping youll know y u need alignment 4 wheel or in your case 2 wheel alignment DUMB ***

Yes you are 100% correct-They are THE HOUSE OF Deception and what they do IS FALSE ADVERTISING !

Lakewood, Washington, United States #899794

Wow, looking at garyo's loose grasp of English and the fact that he purchased cheap chinese tires--on a payment plan no less!--it appears that he's the root cause of his problems.Seriously, it's clear that their are communication issues and making a prudent decision.

Part of my job is dealing with customers and I've encountered characters like this person.

They're oblivious to the chaos they generate and when things invariably go upside down they always consider themselves to be the victim. Common sense doesn't apply and any attempt to placate them is futile. Frankly, the customer is not always right although I treat them as if they are.

I realize the complaint was left 4 years ago but I found it just now after a friend asked me to research Prometer brand tires. For the record, I have no dog in this race and neither do I work for or have any association with that repair shop, I'm not even in the same state.

Good luck with those tire shaped lumps of rubber.

Please don't tailgate me.Thanks

to Hoo-boy #900158

Per your own words they sell shity tires and lie about Aligments  They lie like a rug !

to Hoo-boy Leominster, Massachusetts, United States #1075386

Should be "there are communication issues" not "their are ...."

Warwick, Rhode Island, United States #880351

First of all, Learn how to spell!I go to Town Fair all the time.

You should know what you're getting up front. You bought the cheapest tires available and your *** about an alignment? Your tires are made in china. You will be lucky if they don't all blowout on you.

They always give a free front end alignment with a tire purchase. Not a free 4 wheel alignment. Most cars today need a 4 wheel, so you have to pay an extra $49. So what's your problem?

They never road test cars, If they did we would all be there waiting all day for our cars to be serviced.

I am a retired mechanic, A 4 wheel alignment does not take 1 hour to do, because most times the tech only has to adjust what is out of factory specs and re adjust to be within factory settings.

to Taurus #881178

So you admit they sell Garbage tires from China that are Not worth the price paid as you admit they "may blow out- are garbage and will get lousy mileage " -your words not mine !A four wheel Alignment from any car dealer in the USA takes one hour minimum as does Chilton allow 1hour and require a road test !

The Alignment is NOT FREE if you MUST buy tires to get it free as admittedly by you they OVERCHARGE for what you get and worst DO NOT EVEN DO THE ALIGNMENT ! Its a full blown SCAM !

The last car to require only a front end alignment was a 59 Chevy-rear wheel drive !The public does not know that so again its a scam and a lie to steal peoples hard earned money and laugh all the way to the bank !

I bought a car a few months ago that needed front end work.I did upper and lower ball joints, bearings, tierod ends, and all bushings.

I took the car to town fair tire in north haven ct, and had them do a 4 wheel alignment. Now, b4 they took it, I warned them that the car had aluminum wheel spacers needed for the rims it has, and the WILL strip if they use a air gun on them. So they took the car in back, and I decide to have a cigarette. I go out side and walk over near the over head doors, and I didn't even get a chance to light the cig b4 I hear BRRRRRRRRROOOOOOO .....

Oh s***! I walk over to look in and see my car, a Mexican not familiar with the English language with a air gun in his hand, and 2 of my lug nuts, with lugs still attached in his other hand. I proceeded to let the whole town Kno all at once how pissed I was. The screaming was so loud, a cop at the dunkin donuts (lol, figures) across the street came over to see what was up.

He thought it was a fight! I told them I wanted the alignment for free, and they agreed. I also told them I wanted compensation for the $50 spacer they castrated, and they told me, and I quote "town fair tire is not responsible for any aftermarket parts on vehicles". The screaming started again.

I ended up walking away with a free alignment, and 20 bucks (they agreed to half because I'm 6 foot 8 and 290 and the manager parked too far away from the building to not compensate ;-) on the way home I noticed...

I took it back, and the manager immediately went on break (rofl) I made them put it back up on the machine, and it came back 10 min later as " no adjustment needed". They proceeded to tell me the tie rod ends and bearings were shot in both wheels, which is why I have the pull and shimmy. Hmmmm, I must have imagined taking a weekend replacing the whole front end. Funny how that happens.

So I did a burnout out of their garage, and all the way around the building completely smoking out the inside (lucky me the doors were wide open and snow tires make a nice thick cloud) and never went back.

I took the car to a friend with a shop, and he did it with two tape measures and two straight edges, and the car drives beautiful!There is absolutely no excuse for ignorance and stupidity, town fair tire included